Welcome to the official website of The Golf Foundation
2016 looks set to be a great year for female golfers
The expanded ‘Girls Golf Rocks’ programme will see around 120 girls trained as golf leaders and there are 8 new girls-focused projects taking place around the country. Additional equipment support for these projects is being provided by the PGA Collection who are giving a free 7-iron to those girls who attend four or more sessions.
Gainsborough GC in Lincolnshire has already had tremendous success with 33 girls moving into regular coaching and we look forward to hearing about other clubs’ achievements this year.
At the end of 2015 the Sutherland School Satellite Club, delivered by The Shropshire GC, was awarded the second prize at Sport England’s Satellite Club Awards, for encouraging over 50 youngsters from nearby schools to regularly play golf. We hope that our StreetGolf Satellite Clubs continue to be successful in 2016 as we believe they offer the ideal model to support transition from school to golf club young people.
Leading online tee-time booking provider Teeofftimes.co.uk powered by GolfNow.com has reached its fundraising target of £20,000 in support of the Golf Foundation and junior grass roots golf.
- 12 Jan 2016 | PGA MAKES £50K DONATION TO GOLF FOUNDATION
- 08 Dec 2015 | Hole in One Wins Bramhall Golfer an ETIQUS Timepiece
- 03 Dec 2015 | Time to nominate excellent people for Golf Foundation Awards
- 16 Oct 2015 | ETIQUS raises £10,000 for the Golf Foundation
- 08 Oct 2015 | British Masters Pro-Am launches fundraising for Official Charity