Welcome to the official website of The Golf Foundation
HSBC Golf Roots programmes have generated an extra 3,600 junior members at golf clubs
The Golf Foundation is delighted with recent operational results that show its programmes are having a positive impact on junior membership at golf clubs. In the period from April 2014 to March 2015 there was a 45% increase in junior membership at golf facilities - an extra 3,600 juniors joined a golf club.
With support from England Golf and the PGA we are aiming
to help the next generation of young players to “Start, Learn, and Stay”
playing golf, through many initiatives. Involvement with the School Games
has engaged over 500,000 young people in England, and through the adapted
Tri-Golf Festival, and Golf Xtreme ‘Super Sixes’ formats, golf is now an integral
part of competitive school sport, particularly in primary schools, while at
golf clubs, the Junior Golf Passport continues to be a popular resource
delivered by 774 PGA Professionals to more than 4,600 children.
If you want to help the next generation of young players, please get in touch with us now!
Keep up-to-date on all the Golf Foundation’s news on twitter and facebook.
The Golf Foundation has thanked families new to golf, The R&A, HSBC and the charity’s other partners for creating a “wonderful environment” in which to welcome new youngsters into golf during the 144th Open Championship.
- 15 Jul 2015 | Justin Rose earns Golf Foundation ‘Spirit of Golf’ Award
- 14 Jul 2015 | Justin Rose to receive Golf Foundation ‘Spirit of Golf’ Award
- 13 Jul 2015 | Open Championship is ‘wonderful opportunity’ for Golf Foundation team
- 08 Jul 2015 | Golf Foundation thanks Ladies European Tour for encouraging new girls into golf
- 08 Jun 2015 | It’s the Cup Final: StreetGolf takes youngsters from community to golf club thanks to PL4S