Welcome to the official website of The Golf Foundation
Willett make a difference? How Danny’s great win will help young people to ‘Start, Learn and Stay’ in golf
We are all working together to help young people through the gates of a golf club.
The Golf Foundation supported Danny Willett’s golf learning as a youngster through the work of ace Sheffield PGA coach Peter Ball, who set Danny on his path to the Green Jacket.
Danny will be thinking ahead to the U.S. Open and our Open Championship and it is certain surely that the great spirit, the ‘Skills for Life’ and the brilliant play he exhibited at Augusta will have inspired many, many youngsters to say to their parents, “Can I try golf?”
The Foundation has a goal of helping 50,000 young people annually to experience golf at a golf facility with the help of a PGA Professional by March 2018.
Latest figures show that with two years to go we are on track to achieve this goal with just under 40,000 young people passing through the gates of a golf club to enjoy the benefits of golf – a significant 21% increase on the previous year.
Can you win a Major without learning golf’s ‘Skills for Life’? While the Golf Foundation reaches 500,000 young people a year through the HSBC Golf Roots programme, all of our golf projects are underpinned by this charity’s desire to offer youngsters the life skills associated with this great game.
- 10 May 2016 | HSBC Golf Roots – Where Eagles dare!
- 28 Apr 2016 | Landmark day for Golf Foundation as charity welcomes new President and Chairman at AGM
- 25 Apr 2016 | Willett make a difference? How Danny’s great win will help young people to ‘Start, Learn and Stay’ in golf
- 12 Apr 2016 | Golf Foundation “delighted” with continued support of Glenmuir and Sunderland of Scotland
- 30 Mar 2016 | Tee-off and celebrate the 30th Golf Foundation Pro-Am, supported by The European Tour