With your help, we can reach more children and young people.
HSBC Golf Roots is supported by many of the major golfing bodies including the R&A, the PGA European Tour, the Ryder Cup Committee and the PGA. However, more funding is needed to finance this important grass roots development work.
The Golf Foundation is aiming to raise £3M per year for the HSBC Golf Roots project (currently £1.7M).
Each year the Foundation runs an Annual Appeal through which it asks golf clubs to raise money in a number of ways such as:
• adding an amount per member onto the annual subscription
• participating in the long-standing ‘Charity Challenge’
• organising a Family Foursomes
• organising a special Golf Foundation competition for the members
• incorporating a ‘nearest the pin’ competition into an event
Club committees are also asked to consider making a straight-forward charitable donation.
Individuals are able to make a gift-aided donation through a Direct Debit giving scheme and companies are asked to sign up annually to the Foundation’s Commercial Supporters Club.
The Golf Foundation also organises a number of fund-raising golf days including a Pro-Am, which is organised in association with the PGA European Tour. The Foundation is grateful to other organisers who nominate the Golf Foundation as the beneficiary of money raised through their events.
Special events and functions are also part of the fund-raising strategy.
- 26 Feb 2013 | £60,000 grant from Gerald Micklem trust is a “wonderful” boost for the Golf Foundation
- 13 Jan 2012 | Can you take on Lee Westwood this year?
- 15 Nov 2011 | The Golf Show raised £5,000 for the Golf Foundation
- 14 Oct 2011 | Golf Foundation celebrates 25th Pro-Am with major fundraising effort for junior golf
- 30 Sep 2011 | Act now for 25th Golf Foundation Pro-Am
- 11 Aug 2011 | Tee-off for the 25th Golf Foundation Pro-Am
- 21 Jul 2011 | Golf Foundation thanks Titleist for generous Open support
- 19 Jul 2011 | HSBC teams up with R&A to support Golf Roots
- 31 May 2011 | Golf Foundation thanks European Tour and professionals for excellent support
- 01 Apr 2011 | BGIA’s Grow Golf fund supports ‘Golf Roots’ with second £40,000 donation
- 22 Mar 2011 | Foundation draws support from golf writers
- 09 Mar 2011 | Titleist backs ‘Golf Roots’ vision
- 08 Feb 2011 | Golf Live supports the ‘Growing The Game' campaign
- 11 Jan 2011 | ‘Just Giving’ for the grass roots
- 22 Apr 2010 | BGIA Grow Golf fund presents £40,000 for Golf Roots
- 03 Feb 2010 | Still time to nominate for Golf Foundation awards
- 15 Oct 2009 | 23rd Golf Foundation Pro-Am nets £18,500 for junior initiatives
- 19 Aug 2009 | Teeing up for the 23rd Golf Foundation Pro-Am
- 09 Apr 2009 | BGIA members support the Golf Foundation
- 06 Feb 2009 | John Letters MD John Andrew backs the Golf Foundation
- 04 Feb 2009 | Titleist supports junior golf and the future of the golf industry
- 26 Jan 2009 | Pride Golf Tee’s fourth year of support for Golf Foundation
- 16 Oct 2008 | 22nd Golf Foundation Pro-Am is a winner for junior golf
- 09 Jun 2008 | Communication is the key to raising funds
- 27 Feb 2008 | BingoLotto idea could offer Golf Roots boost
- 08 Feb 2008 | Can surfing help grass roots junior golf?
- 14 Jan 2008 | Golf Foundation welcomes support from De Vere Hotels & Resorts for 'Commit to Junior Golf' campaign
- 11 Oct 2007 | 21st Golf Foundation Pro-Am is a success
- 26 Sep 2007 | Campaign asks 'Will you chip in?'
- 04 Sep 2007 | 21st Golf Foundation Pro-Am on course for junior golf
- 22 Aug 2007 | Crown Golf hits junior jackpot
- 19 Apr 2007 | Golf in industry day raises £18,000 for Golf Foundation
- 14 Jan 2007 | Barton-on-Sea's Club Car prize highlights benefit of growing golf at the grass roots
- 12 Jan 2007 | Appeal to golf club secretaries to support growing Golf Foundation Campaign
- 02 Jan 2007 | The R&A backs 'Commit to junior' campaign