Marketing & Social Media Officer
Head of Marketing & Digital
£25,000 - £27,000 (DOE)
Golf Foundation Head Office, Ambition Broxbourne, Hoddesdon – the role will be predominantly remote, with occasional meetings at the office and external sites
The length of a normal working week will be 40 hours. Additional hours may be required at certain times in the year to help with specific projects or events. Co-operation would be appreciated in this regard.
To help to tell our story and keep stakeholders updated, across social media, website, email and general press activity. We want someone to help us reach new audiences, and tell our story in fun new ways.
Someone who is willing to get stuck in, whether it’s writing a press release, shooting/editing a video from a junior golf day, sending out monthly emails, or updating the website news stories – if you are ready to get stuck in across a wide scope of work, and you know your Instagram Reels from your Twitter Spaces, we want to hear from you!
- Maintaining the content so that it is regularly updated and relevant.
- Working with Development and Fundraising departments to utilise the full potential of the website.
- Posting up to date and relevant posts using all our channels.
- Finding ways to reach new audiences and grow our impact across channels.
- Working with the Regional Development Officers to ensure content is being posted across channels on a regular basis.
- Working with the Head of Marketing to create content calendars and forward plans.
- Monitoring social media posts and keeping Chief Executive informed of relevant stories
- Producing regular email newsletters and wider emails
- Reporting on success of campaigns, and creating new ways of reaching audiences and increasing open rates.
- Producing and writing content for press releases.
- Identifying opportunities for new press stories.
- Managing relationships with press contacts alongside Press Officer.
- Liaising with Regional Development Officers on social media and press opportunities, bringing case studies to life.
- Must demonstrate good IT skills and enjoy working with backend of website
- Video production skills
- Knowledge/understanding of GDPR
- Social media experience mandatory
- A good communicator and confident in dealing with a variety of stakeholders e.g. journalists, parents, PGA Coaches, volunteers
- A positive, friendly attitude and commitment to working with all members of the GF staff
- Willingness to work with external communications agencies
£25,000 – £27,000 per annum (DOE)
Private health care*, pension contributions*.
20 days per year plus statutory days plus days allocated during the Christmas period which will be specified each year.
Please send a CV and covering letter to:
Mark Coughlan, Head of Marketing and Digital
The Golf Foundation is an equal opportunities employer. The disabled and ethnically diverse communities are currently under-represented in the organisation. This information will be made available in alternative formats on request.