Primary School Offer
The Golf Foundation National Schools Programme aims to introduce children and young people from all backgrounds to golf.
The programme provides a platform for children to experience golf, learn fundamental golf skills and develop skills for life in a fun and meaningful way. It has been developed around 4 areas of support:
We believe that learning to play golf at school is the beginning of a golfing journey that can last a lifetime and we do this by:
- Utilising adapted equipment, Golfway, from our equipment partner Masters Golf;
- Providing 6 lesson plans (the first 5 delivered by a PGA Professional) that give participants the chance to try golf, learn the basics and develop transferable skills that will help them away from playing golf;
- Supporting coaches and teachers to deliver a quality programme to enthuse children about golf;
- Paving the way for children to progress from playing golf and competing at school, to playing more golf at a local golf facility.
All the sessions are inclusive and can be adapted for all ages and abilities.
How to get involved
Our charity is inviting schools to be part of the first wave of the NEW golf programme for Primary Schools. We will be supporting a limited number of schools by funding 50% of the package which is valued at £500.
You can get golf in your school in 3 simple steps:
• Sign and return Service Level Agreement to the Golf Foundation
• Receive a £250 grant from the Golf Foundation
• Order equipment, book sessions from your local PGA Professional
If you’d like to know more, please contact your local Regional Development Officer who can help you find a local PGA Professional to work with.