Welcome to the official website of The Golf Foundation
Money raised at British Masters to support junior golfers
The Golf Foundation benefited from more than £25,000 in its role as the European Tour’s Official Charity of the British Masters supported by Sky Sports at The Grove.
Frenchman Alexander Levy starred in the Hero Challenge under floodlights on Tuesday evening, winning the one-hole knockout contest, with proceeds going to the Foundation’s HSBC Golf Roots programme that helps young people from different backgrounds to enjoy the benefits of golf.
Other initiatives included the Mega Putt Challenge, where spectators were given three attempts to hole a 56-foot putt, while the ISPS Handa Pressure Putt Showdown provided another great contribution. A ‘Hit the Green’ competition and a Daily Draw all helped the Golf Foundation which wishes to thank everyone who supported these activities.
The highlight of the week was Soomin Lee’s hole-in-one at the 13th on Friday. This secured a £10,000 donation for the Foundation, courtesy of hole-in-one sponsors Hero Motocorp.
Keep up to date on all Golf Foundation news by following us on facebook or twitter.
Ten of Britain’s most picturesque and challenging amateur golf holes have been shortlisted to be crowned the UK’s best, as online voting now begins for golfers to choose their favourite.
- 21 Oct 2016 | Money raised at British Masters will support new junior golfers, courtesy of the European Tour
- 19 Oct 2016 | Grass Roots Golf Campaign Launched to find the UK's Greatest Hole
- 12 Oct 2016 | 30th Golf Foundation Pro-Am, supported by the European Tour, raises more than £18,000 to help junior grass roots golf
- 06 Oct 2016 | British Masters supported by Sky Sports – Kids get in for free as Golf Foundation helps tee up the next generation
- 29 Sep 2016 | adidas Golf shows its support for the Golf Foundation as ‘Official Footwear Supplier’