Welcome to the official website of The Golf Foundation
The Golf Foundation is playing a major role in encouraging more young people into golf clubs and, working with key partners, is preparing boys and girls from all backgrounds and abilities for regular play at these facilities.
Not every child who picks up a Tri-Golf club at primary school, who plays Golf Xtreme at secondary school, or who is inspired through StreetGolf in the community will go on to play at club level, but the Foundation’s development team and the charity’s partners are working to provide effective pathways to club golf for those who want to progress in the sport. As well as increasing the number of young players, these are starting to pay real dividends in support of creating more family golf.
The best example of how the Golf Foundation is helping to sustain interest in clubs is the new Junior Golf Passport, which includes printed and online resources. It was officially launched last October and has been very well received by PGA Pros, parents and young beginners.
And let’s not forget that children and young people are developing important life skills whilst learning and having fun.
To find out more about our work, click here for a copy of our latest ‘Junior Golf Matters’ bulletin.
There is still time but hurry if you wish to nominate those heroes of grass roots junior golf or high achieving projects for the prestigious Golf Foundation Presidents’ Awards.
- 20 Jan 2014 | More than 2,000 youngsters and nearly 450 PGA coaches embrace the new Junior Golf Passport
- 18 Dec 2013 | Bernard Gallacher launches Defibrillator Campaign to ‘Help Save Lives’
- 17 Dec 2013 | New Junior Golf Passport is a hit with PGA Pro’s
- 17 Dec 2013 | Premier League scores in community to help young golfers
- 17 Dec 2013 | Remember to nominate your grass roots heroes