Girls Retention Pilot
The Golf Foundation is committed to retaining more girls in golf. We are working to break down traditional barriers to ensure golf can be enjoyed by everyone; regardless of gender or ability.
After the successful recruitment of more girls into golf in recent years, we are now focusing greater attention on the retention of girls in golf clubs. We want to ensure that the girls we bring into the game are encouraged to develop and made to feel comfortable and confident. We want to provide a pathway that enables girls to flourish and excel; whether that be in terms of participation, leadership, friendship or personal development. We want golf to be ‘their game’ and to do it ‘their way’.
From October 2020, The Golf Foundation will be launching the National Girls Golf Retention Pilot. This will see the Development Team work with 1 golf club per region (7 clubs in total) to review, shape and launch a girls tailored offer. The Pilot will look to focus on 6 key areas, powered by the Box of Tricks; play, social, skill, marketing, volunteers and club culture. Each of the 7 pilot clubs will receive the latest insight, new ideas and resources alongside funding. We will also look to address challenges and barriers that are faced within clubs around girls’ golf in a bid to help secure the future of our game. Each of the 7 pilot clubs will receive:
- Support & Consultation time with the Regional Development Officer and Golf Foundation’s Girls Lead Officer
- Girls Retention Workshop & Webinar
- Case studies & ideas – both with a track proven record of success
- Box of Tricks – best practice for your play, skill, marketing and social offers
- £250 of funding to support your girls retention offer
- Assistance from the Golf Foundation’s Head of Fundraising to apply for local funding
- Monitoring & Evaluation – this will incorporate surveys to participants and volunteers, as well as quantitative and qualitative feedback incorporating the 6 core elements
If you are interested to be involved with this National Pilot, please complete the expression of interest by clicking HERE